2007年10月27日 星期六

我與流浪狗之家的第一課:My first lesson of Dog shelter






























What I learn from Caroline:2007/11/6 --Conversation with Caroline

Amy:
I am thinking... Can you write me about people's first impression and reaction about dog shelter.
U know people like to help most of time but such case...
They need to know the condition of dogs in the dog shelter are not like home dogs
so.... I want to write this in blog

Caroline:
well actually ppl react to dogs by jumping and screamiong all the time
even to very small and harmless dogs on the street
I've never seen such stupid reaction to dogs in my life

Amy:
so.... What do you think about this?
How should they behave?

Caroline:
I think that if I were a dog that would drive me crazy

Amy:
( hahahahaaa )

Caroline:
they should have more respect, let the dog sniff them
if the dog doesn't approach you, then leave it alone....it doesn't want ot be touched

Amy:
I see
I will write this! Go on I need to learn also

Caroline :
-If it comes up to you, let it sniff....then offer it a closed hand
It will stay if it wants to be touched
-Don't approach a dog from behind or surprise it, it will take offense
-Don't scream, or make sudden movements
It will get excited, and maybe bark or run, or try to play...which can be a difficult behaviour to understand
-Don't tease dogs especially with food.....it will try to grab with it's teeth and maybe bite by mistake, also makes the dog frustrated
-Only touch the dogs head first
-Once it's comfortable you can touch other parts


Amy:
(( cats are more sensitive))

Caroline:
yeah?

Amy:
My kiki has such problem
She is very sensitive She doesn't like to be hugged

Caroline:
hmmmmm....Honey(dog) doesn't liek to be picked up
but actually she just pretends to bite

Amy:
So Every dog has different personality

Caroline:
oh yes!

Amy:
People need to know this also I found that Taiwanese think dogs are dogs

Caroline:
they get scared, confused, excited, aggressive, playful etc
their faces display emotions

Amy:
but they don't think about thedifference between dogs ( especially dogs in the shelter have special experiences )

Caroline:
as do their body language
yes

Amy:
I learned this from the dog shelter

沒有留言: